Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hey Y'all!

I am doing so well! Friends are good, life is good, weather is GORGE.


I got a 41/50 on my math midterm.. not as well as a I would have hoped, but an honorable score.. :)


I’m working on 16.3 right now in the library. I just talked to my “Study Session” leader about becoming a study session leader for next quarter and it seems like that is going to be a great option for a job for me.. flexible hours, teaching experience, math... I think it will be great!


So when I first got here, on one of the first weekends, there was an evening “Java Jam” on Santa Lucia’s back lawn. There were people performing and I wanted to join in, so I grabbed my guitar and signed up for one of the slots. I asked that God would change the atmosphere through me and that people would see the light in me.


Recently, I received an e-mail asking me to play for another open mic event for the halls this weekend! I replied that I would love to, and so, I will be doing that on Friday evening! Please pray that it would not be about me, but that the people listening would be radically touched by God. mm. amen.


I miss you guys so much and CANNOT WAIT FOR CHRISTMAS!!! WHOO HOOOO! It’s only like 8 weeks away until I’ll be home! I should start a countdown.


OooooohH!!!!


7 weeks and 1 day


!!


LOOOVE,

-Jess <><

6 comments:

Nadine said...

Good for you. What a blessing that God would use in such a way.

a woman who is said...

I told you, you were a light oozer..hehehe love how God is using you!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! How ama-za-za-zing!!

Ok, not really. We all knew you had it in you, but I WILL PRAY. Right now even!

Love you amazing amounts of much!!

Jourdan said...

OOH! ConGRATulations!!!
i love the holidays :D and i might get a job at buckle...for the holidays...woo!!!

Jenna said...

7 weeekss doesnt seem tooo long..riiigght!!?! AWw jess i'm soo excited for you on Open mic! How awesome that God uses you in the most amazing ways...now go and be that freedom releaser you were created to be =] I LOVE YOU SOO MUCH! i cant wait for christmas and you!

Dianna said...

Blessings Jess! What a cool opportunity to connect.
Miss you tons,
Di