Thursday, April 19, 2007

Character, Integrity... and a College Forum.



Discussions in an online Political Science class... :)

Here is the question and my response:


If you saw, in a political candidate, what you consider a character flaw, would this impact his ability to serve?

Absolutely, personal character affects a man or woman’s ability to lead.

Character and integrity has everything to do with leadership.

No man or woman is perfect, but I hold integrity high on my list of traits I look for in a leader.

(For the sake of ease, I will continue writing these thoughts using “man” or “he” to represent either a female or male leader)

Private victories lay the foundation for public victories, and a person who is faithful in little things can be trusted with bigger things. These are established and time-honored truths.

Men of high moral character in the small things are the men I want to lead this country in the big things.

I choose to submit to the leadership over me, whether the leader is of poor character or high; however, the man who has his own life in order before coming into authority over others, has my respect and, I think, a higher level of trust.




I really enjoy these class discussions because often, I end up writing about biblical truths... :) I love it! Foundational stuff is so sweet.

I love you guys, and yes, I'm back.

I may not post consistently every week, but when I feel it, I will write... :)

Blessings,
- Jess <><

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a smart woman :) Love you...

Emancipation of the Freed said...

Yeah!!! Welcome back!!

Well said, well said indeed!

Z