Sunday, May 10, 2009

Like Sunlight Burning at Midnight..

I feel like I am experiencing a "dark night of the soul." I can still go through the motions of faith, but my heart is so broken on the inside..

I am aware that I am in this season, and i know it is ultimately good, and I will come out of it in strength.. yet, that doesn't make it suck any less.

I've been writing songs that are "half-songs.." I have the sad part written, the broken part, and know there is a redemptive part too that will come as I come into redemption myself.


The following song is where I want to get to...

Beautiful, Beautiful
By Francesca Batistelli

Don’t know how it is You looked at me
And saw the person that I could be
Awakening my heart
Breaking through the dark
Suddenly Your grace

(Chorus)
Like sunlight burning at midnight
Making my life something so
Beautiful, beautiful
Mercy reaching to save me
All that I need
You are so
Beautiful, beautiful

Now there’s a joy inside I can’t contain
But even perfect days can end in rain
And though it’s pouring down
I see You through the clouds
Shining on my face

(Chorus)

I have come undone
But I have just begun
Changing by Your grace




Father, I trust you. The part that is still hanging on by a thread says, I trust you Father.. You've brought me this far. I trust you...

- Jessica

3 comments:

a woman who is said...

When we are weak He is powerful!

Keep hanging on dear one. One thread with God is mighty powerful. He's got ya!

2Co 13:9 For we rejoice when we are weak and you are powerful. But we pray for this also, your perfection.

Bare Naked Blog w/Bekah said...

Jessica, this is beautiful. I remember writing a song called, "To Fear, My Old Friend". It was full of "what ifs" and when I shared it with a friend, he said, "It's nice... but where's the ending?" And I said, "I don't know. I'm not there yet."

Hang in there. You have a gift with words, and I don't just say that to everyone.

Jessica said...

BJ, thank you so much for the encouragement!

It might not have been clear in the post that the song "Beautiful, Beautiful" is sadly not one of my own.. =) It is written by a new Christian artist Francesca Batistelli. I love her music and adore this song.

I do love to write, and believe God has put it in me to write songs with Him, but I just wanted to clarify that the song I posted was not a Jessica original!

Thanks again for visiting my site. I'm honored. You are a beautiful example of God's redeeming love and I love reading your wonderfully crafted words!!

Sincerely,
Jessica