Saturday, September 05, 2009

I'm an RA-in-training!

RA stands for Residential Advisor. When I moved all my stuff into my single room on the third floor of Muir Hall, I kind of forgot that one day soon, all these rooms to my right and left will be FILLED with girls!!

I can't believe we only have a week before residents move in!!

My staff here at Muir Hall is pretty awesome. I'll give you a little run-down:

Patrick - Crazy curly haired man. He is tall and awkwardly really funny. He likes to mountain-bike and scare girls.

Jeff - Returning RA in Muir Hall. Very nerdy (he will admit to as much) in classical ways - Star Wars, Zelda, HPV (which does not stand for what you think it does... it's Human-Powered Vehicle)

Gaylen - A little more shy than the rest of us, but just as funny. He also enjoys the nerdy things in life and is also a musician like me!

Kristi - Lovely, solid Christian girl. I am so lucky to have her as a fellow RA and friend. She and I never met before this, but it feels like we have been friends forever and will be friends for a long time.

All five of us get along super well together and it is SO much fun exploring the Math and Science geekiness that is inevitable in a Math and Science Hall.

Our theme for opening is going to be Space. And I'm stoked about it. We're going to have Mars and Venus Bathroom signs, Planetary names for each wing.... and PATRICK came up with these awesome sketches for space dinos. They're pretty epic.

So, that will be happening too.

=) I'm loving it.

MUIRONS UNITE!!!
- Jessica

1 comment:

Kayla Chapman said...

aww yay, i'm glad you're liking being an RA so far! you will be an amazing model for your girls & residents to follow.

i'll call you when i get back to slo :) miss you.