Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Living in this world

I've been struggling with the desire to completely escape this world and ONLY be with Jesus. But I know on another level that I'm in this world for a reason. And I want to be here! The following quote really reminded me of HOW I can live in this world, but still be connected with the Lover of my heart.

"There is a way of ordering our mental life on more than one level at once. On one level we may be thinking, discussing, seeing, calculating, meeting all the demands of external affairs. But deep within, behind the scenes, at a profounder level, we may also be in prayer and adoration, song and worship, and a gentle receptiveness to divine breathings." - Thomas Kelly

I've been contemplating JUST how much I really want Jesus to be part of my life all the time. And was becoming a little frustrated with only having times with him in some portion of my life. BUT, this quote renewed the sense of hope I have that I can ALWAYS be in communion with Him. I will purpose in my heart to from this day forward always order my mental life to be interacting within this world but also to be aware of the Holy Spirit, His groanings and prayers, His grace and glory, His purpose and desires...

He has created me to be with Him. So I will be.

- Jessica

1 comment:

Lynda Meyers said...

How lame! I didn't even know you were blogging again! Sorry I've been so out of the loop!!

You're amazing!!