Sunday, March 12, 2006

He factors in our stupidity!

I received this in an e-mail a while ago and recently dug it up... enjoy!


The next time you feel like God can’t use you, just remember…

Noah was a drunk
Abraham was too old
Isaac was a daydreamer
Jacob was a liar
Joseph was abused
Moses had a stuttering problem
Gideon was afraid
Samson had long hair, and was a womanizer!
Rahab was a prostitute!
Jeremiah and Timothy were too young
David was a murderer
Elijah was suicidal
Isaiah preached naked
Jonah ran from God
Naomi was a widow
Job went bankrupt
John the Baptist ate bugs
Peter denied Christ
The Disciples fell asleep while praying
Martha worried about everything
The Samaritan woman was divorced… more than once!
Zaccheus was too small
Timothy had an ulcer… and
Lazarus was DEAD!!!
… no more excuses now
God’s waiting to use your full potential.
God doesn’t call the qualified… He qualifies the called.




He is not limited by our humanness... Doug Addison likes to say that God factors in our stupidity! It is incredible to think that it is when we are weak that He is made perfect in us. He is made strong through our weaknesses. Because there is no way we could have done it in our own strength, God gets the glory...



2 Corinthians 12:9 - "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."



I feel so unworthy at times. Why would He choose me to do His work? There are times when I feel inadequate, incompetent, and ridiculous... those are also the times when He seems to use me the most efficiently. When I lay myself down and trust that He has things under control, that is where I feel the most at peace.



"Peace is the potting soil for revelation." - John Paul Jackson



I believe that with all my heart... when my spirit is at peace and my will is lined up with His, the gateway of oppurtunity is opened for Him to speak to me and through me.


So here I am God... I lay my cares and burdens at the foot of the cross.. I give my trust and my heart to you..

- <><

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My comment is... This is AWESOME STUFF!!! Why don't you post more often?

What are you... SEEEEEEEK??

(Ha Ha... of course you are...!)