Friday, March 02, 2007

Little Steps

I feel like I'm emerging out of a dry-ish season. Or I very soon will be.

I've been struggling with feeling alive lately. I feel like I'm not truly living out of my deepest heart of hearts.



Now, if you know Jessica, you know that I am a very passionate person. I am excited and exuberant over almost everything. I love being like that... it's so much a part of who I am. I feel alive when I love things. :)

Like so many others, I've been ruined. I've tasted love and life and now, anything less leaves me unsatisfied.

Right now, I want to feel wholly and completely engaged. I want to know who I am, and live as that woman. I want to sing because I'm happy. I want to smile like I have a secret I want to share. I want to randomly get the urge to go on a barefoot adventure. This is what being alive means to me. I want to love the men in my life and encourage them to become true men by being a woman. I want to speak to my sisters and lovingly guide them to their Creator. I want to be a blessing to my family. I want to know with my entire being that God is good, He's big, and He loves me.

I know God has me walking through this season for a purpose... there's newness coming. I've experienced some of it already. God is giving me
  • new dance
  • new music
  • a new voice
  • and a new perspective.


"Though I turn away, your mercy brings me back to you again... You draw me closer. You draw me in."

- You Draw Me Closer - Brent Helming -

Thank you Jesus for this time.

~Amen~

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen... and so it shall be... :)

There's a new morning rising,
His mercies will bring us back again... to life, love, and hope... fresh revelation and strong confidence...

You are a treasure... one of my favorites of course :) *BIG HUG*

Anonymous said...

And might I ask, where do you find all those precious pictures?

Jessica said...

:)

I love you!

I found many of the icons here:

http://www.xanga.com/groups/group.aspx?id=2160288

These blogrings have many groups for icon-lovers. I found many of mine on the "individually beautiful" site near the bottom of the page.

*Though I turn away, your mercy brings me back to you again... You draw me closer. You draw me in."

love you my stall-buddy.

- Jess <><

Anonymous said...

Oh yes... *giggle*
I closed the door just to make a memory... ahahahaa, we are too much fun. :)

Nadine said...

You are so precious. I love your passion for life.

a woman who is said...

Darling girl, you are a blossom starting to open, and you are lovely to behold. What a true Freedom Chaser you are!

a woman who is said...

Hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog dear one?

Diane Viere said...

How beautiful, how rich in meaning...nearly lyrical...you are a gifted writer.

I'm so glad I happened upon your blog; I'll be back.

Diane