Friday, February 23, 2007

Destiny Calls - Written July 9th, 2005

The valley floor is quiet today but for one sound

Amidst the flowing grasses, a gentle song floats on the breeze

A budding wildflower in despair raises her voice to the wisps of wind all around her...

She cries out to her Maker,

“Where have I been?

Where am I going?

It’s all such a mystery to me…”

“Young one,” the Creator whispers,

“Put your trust in me

I know the plans I have for you

Trust in me”

Petals open to reveal a flower’s beauty

She’s been waiting to blossom

Coming into what she is created for, her joy knows no bounds

Finally knowing that she belongs, that she has a purpose in this world,

She directs her stunning face towards the Son and calls out,

“You saw my tears and rescued me

You watched and caught each one

When I needed someone to be there for me

To listen to my every care… my every living breath…

You were right there waiting for me!

I LOVE YOU

I LOVE YOU

I LOVE YOU”

A tear glistens in the Author’s eye as he gazes on his beautiful creation

He shouts for the whole world to hear,

“THIS IS MY BELOVED,

my BRIDE!

SHE HAS CHOSEN ME!

SHE HAS CHOSEN TO LOVE ME…”

And for a moment, time stands still…

All creation is silenced in the unfolding of this incredible love coming forth

All at once, the gorgeous flower is engulfed in the brilliant light and glory of His presence

His amazing warmth penetrates to the deepest parts of her spirit as the Lord returns…

“I LOVE YOU TOO”


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you write this? I think I have read this before somewhere... Very nice. I love you :)

Jessica said...

yes... I think I had it posted on my myspace for a time... :)

I love you banana.

- Jess <><

Nadine said...

Very eloquent... are you sure you're not a 40 year old . . . I would say midget but I believe you're taller than me. I love you.