Sunday, February 10, 2008

Jessica: Looking forward!

I am 18 years old, and God has blessed me beyond measure.

I had a fabulous birthday! I don't have school on Fridays, so this birthday was DIVINE. I devoted the entire day to NO homework, and did what I wanted to do THE WHOLE DAY. It was fabulous. I got my nails done, had lunch with my sister at Southridge, got color in my hair and chopped it off, then had the most amazing get-together of friends. I am in relationship with the most wonderful people. You know who you are, and thank you for being part of my life!

My parents and I took a trip to California last weekend to visit my future school. I've been accepted into the architecture program at Cal Poly University in San Luis Obispo. Starting in the Fall, I will be studying my little heart out in the beautiful hills of San Luis.

What I found on my trip FAR exceeded my hopes and dreams. It was as if God hand-picked this area for me.

Or hand-picked me for this area... :) I'm up for both...

It really put me at peace to be able to have a picture to go along with what I expected. Spending 3 or 4 days there was exactly what I needed, and I have to say, I cannot wait to go back!

People ask me about the weather down there, and... it was gorgeous! It rained a couple days in the morning, but then around 10:00 AM, the clouds parted and revealed a stunning blue-sky day.

The whole geography of the place is astounding. The hills are stunning, completely beckoning me to climb them! The ocean was gorgeous. The campus was Perfect. I am so pleased to call Cal Poly my future home!

One thing that blew me away was the unbelievable kindness of every single person we met. There was not an unsatisfied face among them! Every person we talked to flippin' raved about the school and the town. My parents and I couldn't be happier. The people were great, the food was great, the shopping is great! :)

God set up a few divine appointments during our trip. One was to meet a pretty (inside and out) Christian 5th year architecture student at the place we were staying. We talked about faith, doing what you're created to do, and bringing that into your design. She welcomed my parents and I to check out her design lab. Wow. It was amazing!

I'm so excited to be out on my own: to explore for myself, create an identity for Jesus to shine through, find new places, meet new people. I'm giddy.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me, loved me, protected me, and cherished me throughout the years! Words cannot express my gratitude. You propel me forward and I go with you in my heart.

Blessings upon blessings for you and your house,
Love - Jessica <><

5 comments:

Jourdan said...

sweet!! I cannot wait for you to be able to fully experience this part of your destiny..God has called you to Cali, no doubt about it :) i love you,
Jojo

Anonymous said...

I love you :)

Hippie Chick said...

Happy Birthday you beautiful gal!

I am so proud of you Jess. I wish I had been able to live closer for longer so I could have seen it all take place. It's so great to see the young woman you have grown into. I am stoked about your upcoming adventures. Do stay in touch. It's a joy knowing you.

Love always,
Cath

Unknown said...

Man oh man, does it go by fast!

Just yesterday you were... Still beautiful, poopy diapers and all!
I love watching you unwrap your gifts from year to year. What a privilege to have stood by you for so long as your wings have taken root.

Many blessings my love! Fly free and soar high!!!

Nadine said...

You are going to do so wonderful. You're smart, beautiful (inside and out) and have so much to offer. I'm sure you will grow much in this new adventure and touch the lives of all those you meet.