Friday, February 29, 2008

Tagged - 123 Meme!

Ha ha... unbelievable. It's my political science book. Get ready to jump into the world of international relations... yeeeaah!!

Here are the rules to the game:
1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. No cheating!
2. Find page 123.
3. Find the first 5 sentences.
4. Post the next 3 sentences.
5. Tag 5 people.

Okay, before I pick up the book, I am going to trust that God will bring out of this something good. I love you Jesus, no matter what... even if it's ridiculous!!! Actually, especially if it's ridiculous.

:)

Here goes:

"When Olympic champions step atop the ceremonial stand to receive their gold medal, their country's flag is raised and its national anthem is played. Furthermore, states are the most powerful of all political actors. Some huge companies approach or even exceed the wealth of some poorer countries, but no individual, company, group, or international organization has anywhere near the coercive power wielded by most states."

States are the political identity for most people.

Let's metaphor-ize:

In the same way, when we "press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called [us] heavenward" our "identity" is in Christ Jesus. He is the most powerful state and our high priest. Nothing, no principality, no darkness, can ever separate us from the love of God. His power is the biggest out there. None can compare.



Wow, I just want to fall in love with Jesus. He is soo good. Soooo beautiful. What a man. What a God.

Blessings to all.

Pass this on to your friends! :)

I will tag Jourdan, Emily C., and then the rest of the people I would tag have already been tagged!

- Jess <><

3 comments:

Shadraq said...

I like what you did...I was tagged too, but was unsure how to tie it into anything significant.

Look for the metaphore...what a great idea.

Thanks for helping he look outside my own box

a woman who is said...

I am sending out invitations to come drop by my Blog Party. I am celebrating my One Year Blogging Anniversary. Everyone is invited to drop by and post a comment to sign up for my door prizes.

Nadine said...

I loved your twist on this. Your too cool for words. I should have done that when I was tagged.

I want to be just like you Jess when I grow up...blonde, smart and beautiful. :)